Saturday, April 16, 2011

Black and Tan

     Well, despite the seemingly serious threat of rain, I decided to chance it today by wearing my new suede H&M dress. That's right, a dress entirely constructed of bone-colored suede leather. Since the dress is rather short, I decided to wear it with thick black tights instead of the nude mesh tights I had originally planned on. Then I tied on my favorite bib necklace to dress the look up a little and to complement the tights. All in all, I was pretty pleased with the result:


     Wearing an all leather/suede outfit was a bit of a challenge, though. While supple, it wasn't super flexible, and any moisture/sweat would show up (and stay around) easily. And while I do like the scent of natural leather, having it hang around you all day can be a bit much. But as with any leather, it will flex, shape, and soften with further wear, and the new suede smell will soon disappear. 

Suede dress (H&M), beaded bib necklace (anemone Japan), black tights (cK Japan)

No comments:

Post a Comment