Friday, July 15, 2011

Teal and Pleats

     Despite the oppressive heat here in Tokyo, I decided to chance wearing a high-neckline cardigan (only donned when I reached my air-conditioned office, from my flat to downtown Shinjuku I wore just my pencil skirt and my white undershirt LOL). This sweater was the first expensive cardigan I ever bought (well it was 60% off, but still), from my favorite girly Japanese label, anatelier. It's the most amazing soft teal, with some subtle darts/ribbing on the placket, and topped with a white satin pleated ruff around the collar (fastened with an invisible snap). I hadn't worn it in awhile, so I was happy to rediscover it!

Ruffle-collar cardigan (anatelier Japan), grey pencil skirt (H&M), accessories (mayglobe Japan)

Close-up of the collar/placket detailing

3 comments:

  1. Obsessed with the color of that sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the ribbing on the front of the cardigan. That along with the pretty collar makes this a unique piece. Don't you love it when you find a beautiful piece that's been forgotten?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the color of the cardigan is one of my favorite points. I just realized how the white collar plus the turquoise makes it look a Tiffany's box!

    ReplyDelete