Friday, September 2, 2011

Poet Pose


Attempted artsy shot

Wow, just realized that this outfit is 100% Zara. Poet-sleeved blouse, orange and white undershirts (yup I was wearing three layers that day), tan jeans (new, love them), even the unseen belt are all from said store. 

Wax-seal medallion necklace by anemone Japan

     You know when you find a piece of clothing that you love so much you wish you could buy it in every available color? That feeling doesn't steal over me too often, but recently I came across this blouse at Zara, and I'd be lying to if I said that I didn't run back to the shop the next day to see if they had any other color options. They did, but only black (I like black, but not in loose-cut clothes), a horrible neon yellow and an intriguing deep bright blue. I considered the blue for a few moments, but realized I wasn't loving it 100%, so back on the rack it went. If only it came in green!
     I actually forgot to take a photo of the long back zipper (which is awesome, since it allows you to simply step in and out the blouse), which is gold-tone and framed by tracts of magenta grosgrain ribbon. The only complaint I have is that I wish the wrist cuffs were elasticized; I'm too lazy to deal with the fussy buttons so instead I gingerly work my hand through the pre-fastened cuff. Probably not the smartest idea, I know, but I'm not going to spend five minutes in frustration cussing out the buttons as I'm racing to get dressed in the mornings.
     This weekend we have the first of the official autumn typhoons descending on Tokyo, though luckily it seems that we'll just be getting some slightly heavy rain and wind instead of an all-out tropical cyclone. But September is a super-rainy season, so I'm looking forward to wearing my Hunter wellies more often!

3 comments:

  1. I love the attempted artsy shot :P Lovely blouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that's so gorgeous! I can see why you love it so much – it looks perfect on you! I think Zara does some of the most beautiful and price-friendly blouses.
    Good luck with the rain! We are getting hit by weeks of rain stateside too on the east because of some dying hurricanes just sitting on top of us. I'm wearing my wellies too!

    ReplyDelete